Friday, April 17, 2015

Photoshop vs Gimp

Photoshop VS. Gimp

(And which is best for you)

Today instead of a tutorial I'm going to be talking about Photoshop and Gimp, which one I think is best, and which is best for you.

First, take a look at each of their websites.
Photoshop
and

I'm sure by now you can assume what these are. Photoshop and Gimp are both photo editing software, just different brands. And we all know different brands will offer you different things. The major difference is that Gimp is 100% free while Photoshop is not.

Personal Favorite

I'm sure as most of you can guess, I prefer Photoshop. But why? I prefer Photoshop because I believe it is much much more polished, it offers a variety of different features, like 3D modeling, animating, and more. Look at all of my other posts to see what Photoshop looks like. Now here is what Gimp looks like:
See what I mean by less polished?
While I understand that Gimp is less costly than Photoshop, it has it's reasons. You pay for what you get in Photoshop. It's $10 a month and it's worth the payment for the features it adds. But this doesn't mean it's best for you. This is just my preference.

Which One Should You Get?

There are only two reasons you should get Gimp over Photoshop. Intentions and money. If you plan to just edit a couple of photos and be done, Gimp is for you. It may not have everything Photoshop, but it also doesn't cost $10 a month. If you plan on editing lots of photos, are serious about photo editing, and can make $10 a month, I'd say most definitely go for Photoshop.

As always, if you have any comments, questions, or counter-arguments in this case, comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I personally use GIMP (or Firealpaca, which is similar to GIMP, although a little closer to photoshop I think) But learning that photoshop is actually affordable has intrigued me. I'm glad this was brought to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally use GIMP (or Firealpaca, which is similar to GIMP, although a little closer to photoshop I think) But learning that photoshop is actually affordable has intrigued me. I'm glad this was brought to my attention!

    ReplyDelete